When the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the University of Delaware compared our instrumented treadmill against others, they chose Bertec.
Bertec's fully instrumented treadmill (FIT) reduces gait lab space requirements and eliminates the limitations inherent in a traditional gait walkway. Researchers and clinicians can perform numerous testing conditions in a compact 2 meter space with variable incline and speed settings. Bertec's FIT allows you to
- Eliminate long gait analysis walkways and reduce patient fatigue
- Perform more efficient gait analysis studies in a smaller area
- Avoid unreliable results by eliminating multiple steps on the same plate
- Increase patient throughput
- Test numerous conditions with the variable incline and speed options
- Test Uphill & downhill locomotion
- Simulate tripping response
- Measure full-body forces by adding fully instrumented handrails
- Protect patients with adjustable handrails and optional overhead safety structure
We offer a range of configurations including the Mini-FIT and Quad-FIT for animal testing.
|Available Instrumented Treadmill Configurations|
|FIT - Fully Instrumented Treadmill||Mini-FIT for animal applications||Quad-FIT for animal applications|
|Two (2) independent running surfaces, approx 60 inches long, and 20 inches wide per belt.||Two (2) independent running surfaces, approx 40 inches long, and 12 inches wide per belt (narrower 6 inch wide versions available).||Four (4) independent running surfaces, approx 40 inches long, and 12 inches wide per belt (narrower 6 inch wide versions available).|
All Fully Instrumented Treadmills come with these standard features:
- Safety stepping area on sides of belts.
- Speed: 0-24 km/h and are fully reversible.
- Acceleration: 0-25 m/s2.
- 5,000N vertical and 2,500N shear range per force plate.
- Each belt independently measures all six load components (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz).
- Adjustable handrail.
- Software Development Kit to develop your own treadmill control software.
- One year standard warranty with optional maintenance packages.
Optional equipment for the Fully Instrumented Treadmill include:
- Incline - Do more tests -Analyze uphill and downhill gaits up to 15°.
- Instrumented handrail - Get full body measurements - Measure the grip forces of both hands independently.
- Overhead harness - Ensure patient safety - Prevent falls and off-track movement.
To get current pricing and package availability, please request a quote from our sales representative.